Here it is! Let’s #payitforward
Announcing: Give-A-Day 2019
Hello Everyone! I am so happy to announce that this year I will be a partnering with Chris from Sky Focus Films for his annual Give-A-Day! Every year I try to do something to give back, even if I only have time for something small, so I was ecstatic when he reached out to ask if I would be a part of this. Chris is an insanely talented videographer, and simply stand up human. His work is emotional and intentional and every time I see one of his films from a wedding we shot together, I am in complete awe at how real it is and how honestly it depicts the wedding day. I’m so honored to be a part of this and join forces with him.
Our concept is simple. We give a day as a videographer and photographer to you and your partner. You, as a couple, give 2 volunteer days to a pre-approved non-profit organization. Boom! My hope has always been that the impact of Give-A-Day will ripple outwards. Each of us donates a day of our time to you and your story, so we’re asking the winning couple to do the same. We give. You give. Hearts get bigger. It’s a win-win-win.
Here’s how to submit your wedding story to Give-A-Day (it’s easy, we promise):
1. Repost one of mine or Chris’s Give-A-Day photos on either IG or Facebook. (the images with the Give-A-Day logo(note! You have to tag us on both so we know it’s been posted) Please write up a little something about how we are having a give away and you’re hoping to win!
- Add @mention (e.g., @skyfocus @amandamariestudio) and our hashtag #giveaday2019!
- tag us in the photo to make sure we see your entry (if you post on FB please be sure to tag us too!)
- If your IG settings are private, DM a screen grab of them to one or both of our IG accounts
2. Submit an inquiry via one of our websites Sky Focus Films
or Amanda Marie Studio
letting us know when and where you’re getting married, which organization you’ll be donating your time to and why, and fill us in on your story. We take great care in reviewing the stories that come our way, so those who take time to submit creative, thoughtful entries are definitely a bonus.
3. Be prepared to act! If chosen, you and your partner must be willing to dedicate a full day of volunteering each to the charity of your choice (ex. 8 hours a day together/16 hours total). We will need a copy of the completion document from your charity prior to your wedding day.
4. You don’t need to be in Minneapolis to enter! We accept entries from anywhere. A non-local winner will be responsible for travel costs for Chris and I.
5. If you already have a photographer or cinematographer booked for your day, you can still enter! Just let us know if you are submitting for only videography or only photography.
The deadline for submissions is no later than 5PM Central Time, Monday October 15th, 2019. The winner will be announced on Friday, October 19th.
We cannot wait to read your stories and hear about an organization you are passionate about and would like to pay it forward to. Thank you for reading, we can’t wait to hear from you!